Goettl Air Conditioning recently provided tips for keeping your pets safe during the hot summer months if you live in the warmer areas of the country. The tips include:
- Don’t let your dogs walk on the pavement if it is too hot. Concrete and other surfaces can hotter than you think. Your pets paws can be damaged if not protected. Vets say if you can’t stand to keep the back of your hand on the pavement for 10 seconds without it getting too hot, then it will be too hot for your dog. Walk your dog in the early morning or later in the evening.
- Your dog or cat can become sunburned if they are outside for too long. This is especially true if they have lighter colored fur and shorter hair. Ask your vet for a pet safe sunscreen to put on their nose and ears to keep them from being burnt and don’t let them be outside for very long.
- Obviously your pets will need access to fresh, cool water at all times, whether inside or outside. They do not sweat like humans and are more suspectiible to overheating.
- Kiddy pools are a great way to help your dog stay cool in the summertime and have play time.
- Be careful of leaking anti-freeze from cars in garages. Cars over heat in the summer and anti-freeze is as dangerous for pets as it is for humans.
Goettl Air Conditioning has been in business since 1939. They started out in the deserts of Phoenix, and have been providing cooling systems to residents in the hot, timid area ever since. They have expanded their reach to include, Tucson, Southern California and Las Vegas. They really understand how to fight the heat.
Their technicians are trained to provide the highest quality service available. They are thoroughly tested before being hired and they continue to learn about new technologies as they come about. Goettl was purchased by Ken Goodrich in 2013. The company has been expanding its reach to include new areas. They continue the high-quality service and product offerings that the company has been known for since its beginning.